Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Wonderful Christmas
















I was looking forward to Christmas. Jerid, Michelle, Makenna, Michael, Joshua, Candace, Cole, Jacob, Lauren and Gracie were all coming for Christmas morning. Daniel and my grandparents were coming in the afternoon. It was a lot of fun getting ready for everybody. Christmas morning came. It was a fun time together. There was lots of laughter and loud noises with all of the babies getting presents and the three older boys joking with each other. We had a yummy breakfast after present time. Noni and Jidoo arrived at the house around 1 o'clock. I enjoyed spending time with them. Finally, around 3 o'clock, Daniel arrived just in time for Christmas dinner. We all sat down and ate a yummy feast. After dinner, Daniel and I went on a walk. It was kind of crazy in the house with eveybody, so I thought it would be nice to go walk and talk in quiet. We walked to the front of the church. We stopped there and talked about our Christmas' with our families, ect. After about 15 min, I was getting cold so I suggested we head back to the house. Daniel said "ok," but put off going back to the house for a while. We kept talking about different things and walking around the parking lot in the front of the church. We got to the center of the parking lot, for the 20th time, and Daniel asked me a question. The question was, "Do you want to make me happy?" I responded, "I always want to make you happy." He then, took my hand, got down on his knee, and asked me if I would marry him. I quickly said "YES." A beautiful diamond ring is now on my left hand ring finger. We're engaged!!!!!!!! We slowly walked back to the house. For some reason I wasn't cold any more. Mom and Dad met us on the drive way and we exchanged hugs and happy tears. Everyone in the house figured out what happened, when mom and dad came out. When we were walking up to the house we heard cheering and laughter. Everyone was very excited for us. We had a wonderful time celebrating with all of my brothers and my grandparents.

3 comments:

Fieldsfamilyof7 said...

Made me cry reading it. Thanks!! SOOOOOO HAPPY for you both!!

Josh, Candace and Cole said...

We are so happy for you guys! Can't wait to hear how all the plans are coming!

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest, most romantic moment I have ever heard of. Thank you for sharing it!!