Thursday, January 1, 2009

Takin the barn down





































Every once and a while, I (Elisabeth) would go up to New Hampshire to visit the O'Lone family. We have been friends for many years. Bethany, the oldest daughter in their family, and I have been friends since we were very young. In 2007, I had gone to their home to help them paint their entry way/welcome center. We had a wonderful time together. When I left I told them if they ever needed my help for anything, to just let me know. During the year we saw their family a couple of times. Just for quick visits to "catch up on life." In May of 2008, I got an e-mail inviting me to come and visit the family and to help them take down a barn. I responded, saying that I would love to come and help. The last week in May was the week we decided on. So when the time came, I packed my work clothes and headed up north. I had a wonderful week with the O'Lones. Taking the barn down wasn't the only thing we did. They took me to Portsmouth, NH, we went to Sam's ball game, we went out for ice cream, and we played a lot of basketball. During that week, I found that I was drawing closer to Daniel. I found myself wanting to spend time with him. I really enjoyed his company. I was starting to "Like" Daniel. I wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual, so I didn't say anything. I left that Thursday. I said "goodbye" to everyone, but Daniel.

No comments: