Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tomato Time

 I love fresh picked tomatoes from the garden.  I praise the Lord for LOTS of tomatoes this year.  I plant less and less plants each year because my garden gets overcrownded with the tomoto plants.  The first year I planted 14 tomato plants and had a ton of tomatoes.  The second year I planted 8 tomato plants and had a ton of tomatoes.  This year I only planted 5 tomato plants and I think I have the most tomatoes ever.  Thankfully I know enough people to help me out with my over abundance of tomatoes :-) I enjoy making and canning tomato sauce, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually be able to do this year. I make my new favorite snack with the fresh tomatoes.
 I start by toasting a piece of buttered bread in the oven.
 While the bread is toasting, cut up the tomatoes and mozzerella.
 Take the bread out of the oven, place the tomatoes on the bread, sprinkle some fresh basil on top of tomatoes and then place the mozzerella on top. Put the bread back in the oven and bake til the mozzerella is melted to your choice.
ENJOY!!

No comments: