Monday, January 7, 2013

Goodbye Milton, Hello Barrington

Goodbye Milton!!
Hello Barrington!!!
Back yard view

Nice long driveway
Mom cleaning our new stairs.

Josiah and Jeremiah busting up tile!!

Thank you Michelle for cleaning the nasty carpet!!!

Everyone helping move stuff in.

Caleb was helping out the best way he could, sleeping!!

Praising the Lord there was always a loving set of hands to hold Caleb when he needed it!!I don't like him to get too upset!

View from the front door.

We had the house in Milton on the market for over a year.   We had a couple offers on the house but they fell through.   We (I) was thinking it was the Lord's will for us to just stay in Milton.  I had been praying from day 1 that the Lord would make it clear one way or the other what he wanted us to do.  I figured that it would've happened sooner if it was the Lord's will.  Well all of a sudden it all fell into place.  We came to an agreement with the buyer for our house we were selling and we came to an agreement for the house we were buying.  I had a week to pack!!!! I'm not going to say I was completely calm. :-) I praise the Lord for supportive family and friends.  Without their help I'm not sure it would've happened. 

The day of the closing came.  The Milton closing was at 330 and the Barrington closing was at 5.  We planned to be out of our Milton home by 10am.  Our walk through at the Barrington home was at 1030 and they were graciously allowing us to move in before the closing (so we thought).  We arrived at the Barrington home at 1030 as planned. We found the garage and 1st floor of the house completely FULL of the owners belongings. I was very upset!!! There was no way we could close on the house in Barrington in the condition it was in.  But, the Lord worked it out!!!!!! I'm not even completely sure how it happened, but the guy got all of his stuff out of the house and garage and we closed as planned.  It was a very overwhelming day.  I'm so thankful for the friends and family that helped out.  At 7:15 we made it back to our Barrington house and people started showing up.  Friends came to clean.  Family helped unload some of the stuff that we had packed in cars. It was amazing. 

We've been in the house for a few weeks now.  It's had it's trials already, but we love it.  It's so quiet and peaceful. I enjoy the little things. I like looking out into our backyard which is woods and currently snow.    I like walking down the driveway to get our mail instead of driving to the post office to pick it up, which i've done for the past 3 years.  I enjoy keeping the wood stove going in the basement to heat our house ( I love the smell of a wood stove!!). I love knowing I'm 20 minutes closer to my friends and family in CT. 

No comments: